Merzouga, or the Moroccan Sahara desert, is regarded as one of the top attractions in Morocco and the world! Because of its amazing golden sand dunes known as the Erg Chebbi dunes, as well as the world’s most beautiful sunsets and sunrises. There are numerous activities available at (Erg Chebbi dunes), making the area and Morocco a popular tourist destination.
” There is no complete journey to Morocco without experiencing its stunning Sahara Desert”. So, if you’re planning a trip to Morocco, Merzouga is a must-see. There are numerous activities in Merzouga Morocco that will provide you with an unforgettable desert experience. The following are the top activities at Merzouga Erg Chebbi dunes.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF VISITING THE MERZOUGA DESERT?
Here are some of the reasons why you should go to the Merzouga Sahara desert:
Camel rides in the sand dunes.
- Sleeping amongst sand dunes in the middle of the desert under billions of stars.
- The Merzouga desert is a breathtaking site. With sand dunes all around you, it appears as if you are on an other planet than Earth, which is what most people want to experience. So seize the opportunity while you can.
- If you appreciate photography, you will be able to obtain a large number of photographs for your blog, Instagram, and so on.
- Visiting Merzouga desert allows you to avoid the crowds that congregate in Marrakech, Fes, and other major cities. The Erg Chebbi dunes will provide a soothing experience.
- Sunset and dawn in Merzouga are difficult to describe, but I can assure you it’s a stunning sight over orange sand dunes.
- You will re-establish contact with nature. Merzouga’s stunning sand dunes appear to be sand waves frozen in time, similar to an ocean.
If you’re wondering whether you should go to Merzouga desert, here’s your answer: yes.
WHAT TO DO IN MERZOUGA DESERT
MERZOUGA CAMEL TREK
The desert is the first thing most tourists to Morocco know about the country, followed by camels, because where there is sand, there are usually camels. They’re an ancient mode of transportation in any desert, and you may see them in Merzouga.
Merzouga camel trekking Sahara is the first activity available to guests, and it is one of the best things to do in Merzouga desert. It’s a must-see whether you’re in Merzouga or even Morocco! You’ll go across the orange sand dunes on camels and learn about ancient travel.
Morocco every day trip proposes three options for Merzouga camel trekking:
SUNSET CAMEL RIDE
Camel ride for sunset in Merzouga activity will allow you to ride camels over sand dunes and watch a spectacular sunset above Erg Chebbi dunes. This Morocco camel trekking for dusk in Merzouga begins at least one hour before the sun sets. You’ll ride camels for around 30 minutes to a high dune where you’ll see a stunning sunset. You’ll camel back to town as the sun goes down, bringing this adventure to a finale.
Sundown Camel Riding Details:
- Time to begin: one hour before sunset ( around 05:00 pm ).
- Merzouga is the starting point.
- Ending point: At the start.
- The exercise will last about two hours.
- Camel for everyone.
- For more information and to book a sunset camel trek, contact Morocco every day trip.
SUNRISE CAMEL RIDE
A camel ride in the morning is the ideal way to start the day in the desert. Viewing the sunrise with your partner, a friend, or family member has a romantic feel to it. Merzouga’s sunrise is one of the most iconic in the world, which is why Morocco every day trip gives the chance to watch it from a high dune in the Erg Chebbi dunes. Take in the sunrise as the sand dunes turn orange.
Merzouga camel trekking for sunrise:
Merzouga is the starting point.
The voyage comes to an end in Merzouga.
Time to begin: one hour before the sun rises.
The exercise will last about two hours.
Camel for everyone.
Please contact Moorocco every day trip for more information or to schedule this excursion.
MERZOUGA CAMEL TREK OVERNIGHT
The most thrilling activity in Merzouga is an overnight camel ride through the desert. Camel rides to desert camps in Morocco are an excellent option for those seeking a peaceful night in the middle of nowhere under a starry sky.
It’s only around two hours from Merzouga, and you’ll stop to watch the sunset from a high dune and attempt sandboarding before continuing camel riding to your camp. We’ll make sure you have your own tent and aren’t forced to sleep with a stranger!
The following day, get up before sunrise and climb a neighboring high dune. It’s challenging, but it’s worthwhile. You’ll see a stunning sunrise, possibly the best of your life. After witnessing the sunrise, you’ll find a delicious breakfast in the camp.
- Return to Merzouga via camel or 4×4.
- Information on camel trekking and desert camping.
- Merzouga serves as the starting and finishing point.
- time: around 4:30 p.m.
- Each will have its own camel.
- You can choose between a premium and a basic desert camp.
- This activity is available on a daily basis.
NOTE: Camel trekking in the desert can be done for two nights or more.
Please contact us for more information and to reserve this activity.
TOUR DE DESERT 4X4
Excursions by jeep in the Merzouga desert are an excellent way to observe many interesting things around the Erg Chebbi dunes, such as the neighboring beautiful lake (Dayet Srij), which is the best place in Morocco for observing diverse desert birds; the lake even attracts flocks of flamingos.
The Erg Chebbi dunes tour includes a visit in Khamlia, a village whose residents are claimed to have fled slavery in southern Africa. This frontier settlement is home to Gnawa artists, and you will be able to listen to their unique music style. Then, not far from town and the Moroccan and Algerian borders, there is another community named M’ifis, which is likewise quite old and abandoned! It has galena mines; galena was originally used as a cosmetic to darken the eyelids in Merzouga. Locals still use it nowadays, especially during weddings.
Your 44-day tour through Merzouga’s sand dunes includes a stop at a nomadic family near the borders of Morocco and Algeria, where you’ll have enough time to learn about their culture while sipping tea in one of their traditional berber tents.
This activity can begin at any time of day, but it is recommended to begin about 10:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m.
Please contact us as soon as possible to reserve this activity.
ATV QUAD BIKING ADVENTURE IN MERZOUGA
A quad bike is a wonderful way to get up close and personal with the sand dunes in Merzouga. This Merzouga ATV quad biking expedition will get your heart racing; the experience will take you on a scenic track across the Erg Chebbi dunes.
Because all Morocco every day trip quad bikes are completely automatic and easy to ride, no license or riding experience is required. Our professional and courteous quad bike guide will go over a safety briefing with you.
For more information and to book this ATV quad biking tour in Merzouga, please contact us.
MERZOUGA BUGGY DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Experience the thrills and fun of a buggy driving tour in the Merzouga desert. You’ll have an interesting and enjoyable excursion through the Erg Chebbi sand dunes with us.
Famous artists such as Daddy Yankee and RedOne came to see our amazing buggy driving trip.
- Our knowledgeable guide will follow you on his quad.
- Our buggies are easy to use.
- A license is not required.
- The legal driving age is 12 years old (12-17 years must be accompanied by an adult).
- Please contact us for further information or to book a reservation.
MERZOUGA HORSEBACK RIDING TOUR
We can arrange horseback riding in the Merzouga desert for you. Enjoy the stunning Erg Chebbi sand dunes on horseback with well-trained horses. We will teach you how to control and manage your horse before the horseback riding excursion begins. Our knowledgeable and friendly horseback riding guide will accompany you on the ride and offer additional advise.
Please contact us right away for further information and to arrange a reservation.